Southwestern Egg Pie
A wonderful, healthy, and tasty pie for you and your family. Eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 60 minutes
READY: 75 minutes
Did You Know? One whole egg contains an amazing range of nutrients.
In fact, the nutrients in there are enough to turn a single fertilized cell into an entire baby chicken.
Eggs are loaded with vitamins, minerals, high-quality protein, good fats and various other lesser-known nutrients.
One large egg contains (1):
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin): 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 15% of the RDA
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 7% of the RDA
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA
- Eggs also contain small amounts of almost every vitamin and mineral required by the human body, including calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, manganese, vitamin E, folate and many more.
A large egg contains 77 calories, with 6 grams of quality protein, 5 grams of fat and trace amounts of carbohydrates.
It’s very important to realize that almost all the nutrients are contained in the yolk, the white contains only protein.
Enjoy this egg-licious meal for you and the family!
Steps to Make It
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Pepper / Salt to taste
- Sash of cayenne and/or Tabasco
Whisk above ingredients together.
- 2 -cubed sweet potatoes steamed (set aside)
- Sauté onions in oil and then add some garlic
- Diced bell pepper and baby spinach
- Pour above into a bowl;
- Add crispy turkey bacon (if desired), green onions, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella
1) Add egg mix in and stir.
2) Pour into a 9x11 pan ( oiled or buttered)
3) Add more cheese on top (if desired)
4) Bake 350 for close to an hour.
Most important … enjoy!