Paleo Crock Pot Coffee and Chocolate Brisket
Recipe from “Our Full Plate” … and this is to die for!
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 10 hours
READY: 10+ hours
Simply put … this will melt in your mouth. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
Steps to Make It
- 3 lbs of Rafter Beef Brisket
- ⅓ cup of Ground Coffee
- 1½ tablespoons of Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon of Sea Salt
- 1½ teaspoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 can of Coconut Milk, Fat Separated from the “Milk”/ Liquid on the Bottom
1) Prepare the dry rub by mixing all the dry ingredients/ spices listed above.
2) Once the rub is thoroughly mixed, prepare to rub and massage the spices into the flesh of the beef. Coat all sides as much as possible.
3) Poor the liquid of the coconut milk on the bottom of the crock pot (saving the fatty white part on top of the can for later) and then place your yummy chocolate and coffee infused brisket on top of the liquid. I put the fat side up when I placed it in the crock pot.
4) Take the fattier portion of the coconut milk (when you open a can of coconut milk, you will find a white creamy part that usually congeals on top and clear liquid on the bottom) and add that to the top of the brisket.
5) Cook on low for up to 10 hours and get ready to fight the urge to eat your body weight in brisket. Remember to reserve some of the au jus from the crock pot to pour over your meat for later.
6) This was served with cauliflower mashers.