The Best Steak of Your Life
Think back to the best steak of your life. Close your eyes for a moment and remember how it smelled, how the knife melted through it like butter. Think about how it tasted as the first bite rested on your tongue, the texture of it as you chewed and the flavor filled your senses. If you’re still reading this it’s a safe bet that you do not have any Rafter W Ranch grass-fed dry-aged beef in your house at the moment. Keep reading and I’ll tell you how to fix that.
You Can Cook the Best Steak at Home
That’s a bold statement for sure. But with the right knowledge and a quality cut of meat, it’s an achievable goal. We’ll walk you through the steps and explain everything you need to know.
- Some people swear by hardwood charcoal, others like propane and there are some people that prefer to cook on cast iron pans in the kitchen.
- Seasoning of your choice. Keep it simple though, Olive oil, garlic powder and pepper alone is hard to beat.
- Premium Grass-fed, Dry-Aged Beef from Rafter W Ranch.
Thawing the Steak
The best way to thaw frozen steaks is to place them in the refrigerator about 24 hours before you plan to cook it.
Then about an hour prior to serving time remove your steaks from the refrigerator, pat dry with a paper towel then rub lightly with Olive oil and season both sides of the steaks. You can place them back in the refrigerator or leave them on the counter as long as they are covered.
Prepare Your Cooking Surface
If you are cooking with charcoal now is the time to light that fire. Propane grills and cast iron will need to warm up a few minutes before starting the steak. Aim to start cooking 15 minutes before dinner is served.
Cook the Steaks
1. Start out with indirect heat.
- Move charcoal to one side of the grill.
- Turn off a couple of burners in your propane grill.
- Place steak on the “cool” side and close the lid.
- Place steak in a heated cast iron pan in a 275* F preheated oven.
2. When your meat thermometer reads within 5* F of your desired temperature move the steaks to direct heat to sear the outside to perfection.
3. When seared as desired place them on a platter and tent with aluminum foil or parchment paper. The platter can be placed in a clean, empty cooler to preserve some heat. Let them rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Now that you have the knowledge it’s time to order the best steak of your life from Rafter W Ranch.